Call for nominations and applications
The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston (UTHealth) School of Public Health invites nominations and applications for the position of dean. UTHealth School of Public Health is one of the top public health schools in the nation, and is unique in that it is the only school of public health in the nation with regional campuses located throughout the state. Each of its six campuses is strategically located to meet the public health education and research needs of the diverse population in Texas. Because the School of Public Health is located across Texas, faculty have unparalleled opportunities for innovative training, research and service. The School is also part of The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston (UTHealth), the most comprehensive academic health system in The University of Texas System and the U.S. Gulf Coast region.
School of Public Health dean position description and application
Dean search news
Osama Mikhail, Ph.D. has been named interim dean of UTHealth School of Public Health (read story here). A national search to recruit a new dean is currently underway and several candidates have been identified.
Previous news: Dean Roberta Ness to step down
Dean Search Committee
A dean search committee has been formed to identify candidates for the position of Dean of The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston (UTHealth) School of Public Health.
- Osama Mikhail, PhD, co-chair, Sr. Vice President for Strategic Planning, UTHealth; Executive Vice Dean of the School of Public Health; Professor of Management and Policy Sciences at the School of Public Health
- Michael Blackburn, PhD, co-chair, Dean, Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences and John P. McGovern Endowed Professor; Professor, Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, UTHealth Medical School; Professor and William S. Kilroy, Sr. Chair in Pulmonary Disease, Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences
- Eric Boerwinkle, PhD, Professor and Chair of the Department of Epidemiology, Human Genetics and Environmental Sciences, Kozmetsky Family Chair in Human Genetics, School of Public Health - Epidemiology & Disease Control
- Kimberly Cook, Information Resources, Staff, School of Dentistry; School of Public Health Graduate Assistant (MPH); School of Public Health, Student
- Faiyaz Bhojani, MD, DrPH, Health Lead, Global Manufacturing & Chemicals; Regional Manager, North and South America Royal Dutch Shell, Chief Medical Officer; Adjunct Professor, Department of Epidemiology, Human Genetics & Environmental Sciences, School of Public Health
- Dr. David Lairson, PhD, Professor, Management Policy & Community Health, School of Public Health
- Latanya Love, MD, Assistant Professor of Pediatrics-Clinical; Assistant Dean for Admissions & Student Affairs; Assistant Dean for Diversity & Inclusion, UTHealth Medical School
- Cheryl Perry, PhD, Professor and Regional Dean, The Rockwell Distinguished Chair in Society & Health, School of Public Health Austin Regional Campus
- Debra Ryan, MEd, Associate Dean for Management III, School of Public Health
- Dean Sittig, PhD, Professor, UTHealth School of Biomedical Informatics Sally Vernon Professor and Director of Department of Health Promotion & Behavioral Sciences, Holder of the Blair Justice, PhD Professorship in Mind/Body Medicine and Public Health, School of Public Health
Assisting the search committee from UTHealth Human Resources are Eric Fernette, Vice President; Kay Williamson, Director; and Linda Muyskens, Executive Recruiter.
For more information about the position, please contact Dr. Mikhail (Osama.I.Mikhail@uth.tmc.edu), Dr. Blackburn (Michael.R.Blackburn@uth.tmc.edu) or Linda Muyskens (Linda.D.Muyskens@uth.tmc.edu at 713-500-3139).