Kori Gould, MBA, MLA
Strategic Communications and External Affairs Specialist
Keep in touch with UTSPH Alumni Association by liking us on Facebook.
You can also join our mailing list by emailing email@example.com.
Welcome to The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston (UTHealth) School of Public Health Alumni Community!
The Alumni Association of The University of Texas School of Public Health strives to provide a mechanism for communication and networking for all alumni from the regional campuses and to foster communication and collaboration amongst alumni, faculty and students.
If you'd like to get involved with the Alumni Association or have questions and/or suggestions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Purpose and Objectives:
The purpose of the UTSPH Alumni Association is to:
- Support and promote the activities of The University of Texas School of Public Health ("UTSPH")
- Support and promote public health education, research and service.
The objectives of the Alumni Association are:
- To organize alumni of UTSPH for the promotion of the welfare of the school.
- To maintain a strong relationship between the alumni and the School of Public Health.
- To help strengthen the long term financial health of the school through support of its fundraising efforts.
- To promote public participation in and disseminate information on topical health issues affecting the global population.
- To foster and sustain a sense of collegiality among its members.
- To identify and develop resources to assist alumni, students and faculty in their careers.
- To foster and promote participation of the alumni in the educational, scientific, and research activities of the School of Public Health.
Alumni Association Officers:
Polly Sparks Turner, DrPH, MPH
President, Alumni Association
UTSPH Advisory Council
UTHealth Development Board
Secretary, Alumni Association
Treasurer, Alumni Association
At-Large Directors (3), Alumni Association
Make an impact and expand your public health network by volunteering, mentoring, or attending one of our alumni events.
- Oversees the keeping of membership records of the Alumni Association
- Maintains a database of membership contact information, tracking and contacting new members upon graduation, and outreach to existing members to increase active participation in Alumni Association events.
- Oversees the planning of fundraising activities for the Alumni Association and UTSPH.
- Plans events to raise money for the Alumni Association general fund and works with the UTSPH Development Office to raise funds for UTSPH.
- Oversees the planning of professional development events for the Alumni Association.
- Gathers information from alumni on programs that would be of professional interest and plan such events in conjunction with alumni, students, faculty and staff.
- Oversees the planning of social events for the Alumni Association.
- Gathers information from alumni on social events that would be of interest and plan such events in conjunction with alumni, students, faculty and staff.
Mentor a UTSPH Student
The goal of the UTSPH Alumni Mentoring Program is to connect students with experienced alumni in the field of public health.
Alumni mentors will have an opportunity to:
- Help UTSPH students develop their career path
- Give back and stay connected to UTSPH
- Help develop new talent in the field of public health
- Share his/her expertise and experience
Be a Speaker or Panelist
Our Alumni Panel and Networking Socials and professional development workshops occur each spring and fall semester. These events offer a variety of ways for you to share your professional experiences and expertise with other alumni, faculty, staff and students. This is your opportunity to share your personal public health journey!
Join The UTSPH Alumni Association
Did you know that all graduates from The University of Texas School of Public Health are members of the Alumni Association? You can become more involved by attending our alumni meetings and/or events that we host throughout the year.
Host or attend an event
Alumni are always invited to join us at local and regional events sponsored by the UTSPH Alumni Association as well as school-wide events at UTHealth. Check the UTSPH events calendar and the Alumni Association's event calendar often to see what’s happening near you. Interested in organizing an event in your region? Please email email@example.com
Please join us for the Fall 2015 Alumni Panel and Networking Social on Wednesday, October 14 in the Reuel A. Stallones Auditorium. Held in partnership with the SPH Student Association, the event will feature a panel discussion with alumni about their career and educational experiences. A networking reception will immediately follow the panel.
Parking is available in the MD Anderson Cancer Center Mays Clinic Building Garage and in the Texas Medical Center Garage 2. The entrance to the Mays Clinic Garage is located between Holcombe Blvd. and Pressler Street. The Texas Medical Center Garage entrance is located just north of Holcombe Blvd. Limited parking is also available in front of the School of Public Health.
Please check back regularly for updates, or follow us on social media for alumni happenings in your area.
Welcome to Career Services
Career Services provides a collection of public health resources that will assist all registered students and alumni in their career endeavors and ultimately in their career success. Our goal in Career Services is to assist you in successfully connecting and building long-term relationships with employers. We invite you to explore the website or stop by Career Services in RAS E-201 and make use of the wide variety of resources and services that are offered.
Job-Ops is an online system available to the UTSPH community that allows students and alumni to search for jobs, upload multiple resumes, cover letters, reference letters and send online resume referrals to employers. Employers are able to post and manage job listings, view and make resume referrals of qualified candidates.
Mentors can also use Job-Ops to connect with UTSPH students by sharing their experiences and valuable information in the field of public health. Faculty members can be kept abreast of happenings in career services, see what potential employers are recruiting SPH students and view which students are utilizing the system.
To log into the Job-Ops system, please click here.
Career Services Facebook
Career Services Twitter
Please update your alumni information here:
Alumni Update Form
*Please do not fill out if you have not yet graduated.