Kori Gould, MBA, MLA
Strategic Communications and External Affairs Specialist
Keep in touch with the UTHealth SPH Alumni Association by liking us on Facebook or joining our LinkedIn group.
You can also join our mailing list by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Welcome to the UTHealth School of Public Health Alumni Community!
The Alumni Association of UTHealth School of Public Health School strives to provide a mechanism for communication and networking for all alumni from the regional campuses and to foster communication and collaboration amongst alumni, faculty and students.
If you'd like to get involved with the Alumni Association or have questions and/or suggestions, please contact email@example.com
UTHealth SPH Alumni Association is now on Facebook and LinkedIn!
Polly Sparks Turner, DrPH, MPH
President, Alumni Association
UTSPH Advisory Council
UTHealth Development Board
2016 UTHealth School of Public Health Alumni Association
Executive Board Elections
Shape the future of the UTHealth SPH Alumni Association by participating in the Executive Board elections! The Executive Board plays an important role in communicating alumni views and opinions to the school's administration and sets strategic direction for the Alumni Association.
The election is being held to fill five Executive Board vacancies (two-year terms) that were announced in the alumni e-newsletter. To be valid, online ballots must be submitted no later than 11:59 p.m. CST on February 23,2016.
- Only UTHealth SPH alumni are permitted to vote in the election.
- Cast your vote by accessing the link that was provided in the official ballot email. Please contact Kori Gould, strategic communications and external affairs specialist, if you didn't receive the email at 713-500-9039 or Kori.Gould@uth.tmc.edu.
- Vote for no more than one candidate per office (except for the at-large director position where you are allowed to select three candidates).
- Voting closes at 11:59 p.m. CST on February 23, 2016.
- If you experience problems with the online ballot, please contact Kori Gould, strategic communications and external affairs specialist, at 713-500-9039 or Kori.Gould@uth.tmc.edu.
Executive Board Candidates
At-Large Directors (3)
- Isela de la Cerda, M.P.H. '15
- Larissa J. Estes, Dr.P.H. '11
- Ashley A. Francis, M.P.H. '10
- Marlisa S. Hardy, Dr.P.H., M.P.H. '14
- Quratulain "Annie" F. Kizilbash, M.P.H. '12
- Sloan Skinner, M.P.H.' 14
- Morgan Tarpey, M.P.H. '12
- Amy Ubesie, M.P.H. '10
- Nakis I. Urfi, J.D., M.P.H. '13
- Jeanie Donovan, M.P.A., M.P.H. '14
- Barbara Sunderland Manousso, Ph.D., M.P.H. '87
- Will Murphy, M.P.H. '13
- Folake M. Adedeji, Ph.D. '13
- Kelli Lovelace, M.P.H. '15
Make an impact and expand your public health network by volunteering, mentoring, or attending one of our alumni events.
- Oversees the keeping of membership records of the Alumni Association
- Maintains a database of membership contact information, tracking and contacting new members upon graduation, and outreach to existing members to increase active participation in Alumni Association events.
- Oversees the planning of fundraising activities for the Alumni Association and UTHealth SPH.
- Plans events to raise money for the Alumni Association general fund and works with the UTHealth Development Office to raise funds for UTHealth SPH.
- Oversees the planning of professional development events for the Alumni Association.
- Gathers information from alumni on programs that would be of professional interest and plan such events in conjunction with alumni, students, faculty and staff.
- Oversees the planning of social events for the Alumni Association.
- Gathers information from alumni on social events that would be of interest and plan such events in conjunction with alumni, students, faculty and staff.
Mentor a UTSPH Student
The goal of the UTHealth SPH Alumni Mentoring Program is to connect students with experienced alumni in the field of public health.
Alumni mentors will have an opportunity to:
- Help UTHealth SPH students develop their career path
- Give back and stay connected to UTHealth SPH
- Help develop new talent in the field of public health
- Share his/her expertise and experience
Be a Speaker or Panelist
Our Alumni Panel and Networking Socials and professional development workshops occur each spring and fall semester. These events offer a variety of ways for you to share your professional experiences and expertise with other alumni, faculty, staff and students. This is your opportunity to share your personal public health journey!
Join The UTHealth SPH Alumni Association
Did you know that all graduates from UTHealth SPH are members of the Alumni Association? You can become more involved by attending our alumni meetings and/or events that we host throughout the year.
Host or attend an event
Alumni are always invited to join us at local and regional events sponsored by the UTHealth SPH Alumni Association as well as school-wide events at UTHealth. Check the UTHealth SPH events calendar and the Alumni Association's event calendar often to see what’s happening near you. Interested in organizing an event in your region? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Stay connected to the UTHealth SPH community with the Alumni Association's e-newsletter. Read the latest issue here:
Please check back for updates, or follow us on social media for alumni happenings in your area.
Welcome to Career Services
Career Services provides a collection of public health resources that will assist all registered students and alumni in their career endeavors and ultimately in their career success. Our goal in Career Services is to assist you in successfully connecting and building long-term relationships with employers. We invite you to explore the website or stop by Career Services in RAS E-201 and make use of the wide variety of resources and services that are offered.
Job-Ops is an online system available to the UTHealth SPH community that allows students and alumni to search for jobs, upload multiple resumes, cover letters, reference letters and send online resume referrals to employers. Employers are able to post and manage job listings, view and make resume referrals of qualified candidates.
Mentors can also use Job-Ops to connect with UTHealth SPH students by sharing their experiences and valuable information in the field of public health. Faculty members can be kept abreast of happenings in career services, see what potential employers are recruiting SPH students and view which students are utilizing the system.
To log into the Job-Ops system, please click here.
Please update your alumni information here:
Alumni Update Form
*Please do not fill out if you have not yet graduated.