2019 Commencement Ceremony
UTHealth School of Public Health holds its annual commencement ceremony at the end of each spring semester. All students who are awarded their degree during summer 2018, fall 2018, and spring 2019 from all campuses are encouraged to participate in the commencement ceremony.
Please note: UTHealth School of Public Health has a graduates-only participation policy. Only graduates from the semesters mentioned above are eligible to join the ceremony.
View photos from the 2018 ceremony on our Flickr site.
Date: Saturday, May 18, 2019
Time: Ceremony 2:00pm-4:00pm
Graduates arrive by 12:30pm
Faculty arrive by 1:00pm
Location: NRG Center, One NRG Park, Houston,Texas 77054 (Please enter at Hall B, east side of the building, and take the elevator/escalator to the second floor)
2019 Pre-Commencement Reception
UTHealth School of Public Health hosts an annual pre-commencement reception on the day prior to commencement. All students who are awarded their degree during summer 2018, fall 2018, and spring 2019 from all campuses are welcome to attend the reception.
Event details will be posted as they become available over the coming months.
View photos from the 2018 reception on our Flickr site.
Date: Friday, May 17, 2019
Location: Reuel A. Stallones Building (RAS) First Floor Lobby, 1200 Pressler Street, Houston, TX 77030
Note: Parking in front of the building is limited. The most convenient visitor parking lots are Garage 2 on Bertner, and the TMC South Extension Visitor Lot where you can take the free TMC white shuttle directly to the building. View parking directions and rates here, and download the TMC Visitor Parking guide here.
All graduates participating in commencement are required to wear regalia ordered from our vendor.
The link for regalia orders will open in February.
- The dress for graduates (under regalia and shoes) and guests is business casual.
- Certain apparel appearing outside of the regalia (i.e. pants, long dresses or skirts, socks, shoes) should be neutral or dark in color.
- Due to the warm weather conditions that are typical during May, lightweight clothing is recommended for apparel worn under the regalia.
- Necklaces should be tucked inside of the regalia.
- No props (i.e. feather boas, glow-in-the-dark or lighted items, bells, etc.) should be worn with the regalia.
- DO NOT add decorations to the regalia.
UTHealth School of Public Health reserves the right to require you to remove any embellishment deemed inappropriate by authorized university officials before you are permitted to participate in the ceremony.
Tassels are worn on the left before and during the ceremony and switched to the right at the end of the ceremony.
The vendor link for UTHealth School of Public Health announcements will open soon.
Local Graduation Ceremonies
- All recent summer, fall and spring graduates from the Austin, Brownsville, Dallas, El Paso and San Antonio campuses are welcome to attend both the local and Houston ceremonies.
View general event information on local ceremonies below.
- Contact your campus coordinator(s) for details on the local ceremony.
Thursday, May 16, 2019
Texas Medical Association Building
Tuesday, May 7, 2019
Thursday, May 9, 2019
T. Boone Pickens Biomedical Building UTSW Med Center, 14th floor
Thursday, May 16, 2019
DoubleTree El Paso Downtown
Thursday, April 25, 2019
UTHealth San Antonio, Holly Auditorium