Student Assistance

Student Assistance Fund

The Office of Academic Affairs and Student Services provides the student assistance fund for financial support for students when traveling to professional meetings/conferences for either one of the reasons below:

  1. Presenting posters and abstracts
  2. Thesis/dissertation expenses

Eligibility Criteria:

  • Request form must be submitted at least one month prior to conference/meeting
    • If presenting poster or abstract, proof of presentation acceptance must be submitted along with the request form (i.e. email)
  • Only one request per student per fiscal year (September - September)
  • Request amount cannot exceed $200.00

Please note: Travel reimbursement is not guaranteed. You will only receive reimbursement pending travel guidelines and policies.

Request Form: Student Assistance Fund Request Form

Submission: Please submit to

Assistance to Disabled Students

The Texas Rehabilitation Commission offers assistance for tuition and non-refundable fees to students who have certain disabling conditions provided that their vocational objectives have been approved by a TRC Counselor. Requests for applications should be made to: Texas Rehabilitation Commission, 6220 West Park, Houston, TX 77057, (713) 334-1613

Hazelwood Act

In-state tuition exemption is available under the Hazelwood Act for certain Texas veterans and their dependents. Contact the Office of the Registrar for more information.

Veterans Reimbursement

The Office of the Registrar will certify enrollment of veterans who wish to receive Veterans Administration benefits.