Public Health for Public Good
Online MPH in Epidemiology
Solve the greatest health challenges of our time by obtaining a high-quality online Master of Public Health in epidemiology from UTHealth School of Public Health.
The MPH in epidemiology spans the five core disciplines of public health — biostatistics, epidemiology, environmental health sciences, health services administration, and social and behavioral sciences — as well as in-depth knowledge and skills in epidemiology.
Explore cardiovascular disease, genetics, infectious disease, occupational epidemiology and other areas through our elective courses. Program graduates are prepared to put epidemiologic concepts and methods into public health practice. This includes conducting research studies in public health and interpreting scientific evidence relevant to public health. Graduates leave prepared to enter the workforce, improving the health of the population through prevention and better health outcomes.
An MPH degree is required for many supervisory and managerial positions in public health and the health professions, and is recommended for many others. As part of the MPH, UTHealth School of Public Health offers its students rigorous coursework and excellent practicum experiences in the field. Coupled with low tuition and a low student-to-faculty ratio, this first-rate MPH program can be completed in 18 to 24 months.
Fall 2022 Application Deadline:
- December 1, 2021: Outstanding New Student Scholarship application deadline.
- April 1, 2022: Final deadline for all degree-seeking applicants for the fall 2022 semester.
- 18 to 24 months program, fully online
- Low tuition and low student-to-faculty ratio
- Rigorous coursework and excellent practicum experiences in the field
- 45 units total
- UTHealth School of Public Health and its programs are accredited by CEPH
Fall 2021 Admission Webinars:
Get to know the Department of Epidemiology, Human Genetics and Environmental Sciences (EHGES) at UTHealth School of Public Health by joining one of our virtual information sessions. Attendees will have the opportunity to learn more about the university, our department and the admissions process. Please register using the event link here.
- Wednesday, September 29, 2021 from 12-1 p.m. CDT
- Thursday, October 14, 2021 from 5:30-6:30 p.m. CDT
- Tuesday, October 26, 2021 from 12-1 p.m. CDT
Learn more and keep up to date with our online program.