Ph.D. in Statistics, University of Virginia May 2010
Advisor: Dr. Feifang Hu
M.S. in Statistics, University of Virginia Dec 2008
B.S. in Statistics, Zhejiang University, China Jul 2005
Member of Mixed Honors Class in Chu Kechen Honors College
• Large sample theory, Stochastic process
• Clinical trials, Adaptive designs
• Sequential monitoring
Positions and Appointments
Jul 2012-Present Assistant Professor, Department of Biostatistics, Coordinating Center for Clinical Trials The University of Texas School of Public Health
Jun 2010-May 2012 Postdoctoral Associate, Yale University
Aug 2006-May 2010 Research Assistant, Department of Statistics, University of Virginia
Honors and Awards
• Society of Fellows Travel Award, Graduate School of Arts and Sciences, U.Va 2010
• Ph.D. Academic Award, Department of Statistics, U.Va 2010
• Graduate Teaching Award Honorable Mention, Department of Statistics, U.Va 2010
• SIE Graduate Student Awards, American Statistical Association 2009
• Scholarships for Academic Excellence, Zhejiang University 2003, 2004
• Scholarship for Social Activities, Zhejiang University 2002
• 1st Prize of the National Mathematics Contest, China 2000
• PHW 1690 L Foundations of Biostatistics Spring 2015
• PHW 1690 L Foundations of Biostatistics Fall 2014
• Stochastic Processes in Biostatistics II Summer 2014
• Applied Statistical Analysis II Spring 2014
• Course: Large Sample Theory in Biostatistical Inferences Summer 2013
• Course: Introduction to Biostatistics Spring 2010, UVA
• Course: Introduction to Biostatistics Fall 2009, UVA
Publications (∗ represents corresponding author)
• Hu, J., Zhu, H. and Hu, F. (2015). A Unified Family of Covariate-Adjusted ResponseAdaptive Randomization Based on Optimization and Ethics. Journal of the American Statistical Association. In Press. DOI:10.1080/01621459.2014.903846
• Zhu, H.∗ (2015). Covariate Adjusted Response Adaptive Designs Incorporating Covariates with and without Treatment Interactions. Canadian Journal of Statistics. In press. DOI: 10.1002/cjs.11260
• Zhu, H., Lai, D. and Johnson, N.P. (2015). Agreement between two diagnostic tests when accounting for test-retest variation: Application to FFR versus iFR. Journal of Applied Statistics. Accepted.
• Hu, F., Hu, Y., Ma, W., Zhang, L. and Zhu, H. (2015). Statistical inference of adaptive randomized clinical trials for personalized medicine Clinical Investigation. 5, 415-425.
• Chen, Y., Liu, Y., Ning, J., Nie, L., Zhu, H. and Chu, H. (2015). A Composite Likelihood Method for Bivariate Meta-Analysis in Diagnostic Systematic Reviews. Statistical Methods in Medical Research. In press.
• Holcomb JB, Tilley BC, Baraniuk S, Fox EE, Wade CE, Podbielski JM, del Junco DJ, Brasel KJ, Bulger EM, Callcut RA, Cohen MJ, Cotton BA, Fabian TC, Inaba K, Kerby JD, Muskat P, O’Keeffe T, Rizoli S, Robinson BR, Scalea TM, Schreiber MA, Stein DM, Weinberg JA, Callum JL, Hess JR, Matijevic N, Miller CN, Pittet JF, Hoyt DB, Pearson GD, Leroux B, van Belle G; PROPPR Study Group. (2015) Transfusion of Plasma, Platelets, and Red Blood Cells in a 1:1:1 vs a 1:1:2 Ratio and Mortality in Patients With Severe Trauma: The PROPPR Randomized Clinical Trial. The Journal of the American Medical Association. 313, 471-482
• Johnson NP, Tth GG, Lai D, Zhu H, Aar G, Agostoni P, Appelman Y, Arslan F, Barbato E, Chen SL, Di Serafino L, Domnguez-Franco AJ, Dupouy P, Esen AM, Esen OB, Hamilos M, Iwasaki K, Jensen LO, Jimnez-Navarro MF, Katritsis DG, Kocaman SA, Koo BK, Lpez-Palop R, Lorin JD, Miller LH, Muller O, Nam CW, Oud N, Puymirat E, Rieber J, Rioufol G, Rods-Cabau J, Sedlis SP, Takeishi Y, Tonino PA, Van Belle E, Verna E, Werner GS, Fearon WF, Pijls NH, De Bruyne B, Gould KL. (2014) Prognostic value of fractional flow reserve: linking physiologic severity to clinical outcomes. Journal of the American College of Cardiology. 64(16):1641-1654. doi:10.1016/j.jacc.2014.07.973.
• Li, G and Zhu, H. (2013). Genetics Study: The Linear Mixed Models in GenomeWide Association Studies. The Open Bioinformatics Journal, 7,(Suppl-1, M2) 27-33.
• Zhu, H., Hu, F. and Zhao, H. (2013). Adaptive Clinical Trial Designs to Detect Interaction of Treatment and a Dichotomous Biomarker. Canadian Journal of Statistics. 41, 525-539.
• Zhu, H. and Hu, F. (2012). Interim Analysis of Clinical Trials Based on Urn Models. Canadian Journal of Statistics, 40, 550-568.
• Zhu, H. and Hu, F. (2010). Sequential Monitoring of Response-Adaptive Randomized Clinical Trials. The Annals of Statistics, 38, 2218-2241.
• Zhu, H.∗ and Hu, F. (2009). Implementing Optimal Allocation for Sequential Continuous Responses with Multiple Treatments. Journal of Statistical Planning and Inference, 139, 2420-2430.
• Hyun, S.Y., Huang, T. and Zhu, H.∗ (2015). Efficient and Ethical Adaptive Clinical Trial Designs to Detect TreatmentCovariate Interaction. Chapter 15, Modern Adaptive Randomized Clinical Trials: Statistical and Practical Aspects. CRC Press.
• Huang, T. and Zhu, H. (2015). Longitudinal Covariate-Adjusted Response-Adaptive Randomization: Impact of Missing Data. Chapter 16, Modern Adaptive Randomized Clinical Trials: Statistical and Practical Aspects. CRC Press.