C's the Day! Mini-Grant Initiative
The Michael & Susan Dell Community Collaborative for Child Health is pleased to announce an opportunity for schools and youth-based organizations to apply for a Social and Emotional Learning (SEL) Caring Communities Create Capable Children: C’s the Day! mini-grant. This mini-grant initiative aims to highlight and support the many organizations and initiatives in central Texas which strive to spark and support the academic, social, and emotional development of young people. With this mini-grant, the Collaborative aims to provide support and encouragement for teachers, after-school educators, faith-based leaders, and/or other community leaders to start a new program or further incorporate SEL practices, activities, and initiatives into their work with children.
The Collaborative is offering 10-15 awards of between $150-$500 to support new initiatives or current SEL projects, programs, events or trainings. The grants are sponsored by the Michael & Susan Dell Center for Healthy Living at The University of Texas Health Science Center in Houston, School of Public Health in Austin with funding from the Michael & Susan Dell Foundation. Aims of the C’s the Day initiative include:
- Promoting the health and wellbeing of children and youth through new or established SEL programs
- Promoting fun indoor or outdoor activities to create awareness of social and emotional wellbeing
- Fostering current and promoting new relationships among schools, governmental agencies, non-profits, community and faith-based organizations
- Stimulating change by disseminating new knowledge about successful initiatives and programs
- Creating opportunities for bringing social and emotional growth into the classroom/school/organization through awareness campaigns, educational materials, community events, group activities, etc.
- Promoting positive participation, collaboration, and community among stakeholders (students, parents, school faculty and administrators, and other community leaders)
- Sharing program implementation, impact, and best practices with the community the benefits of SEL
Applications are now closed. Awardees will be announced in January!