About the Program
Prospective Student Packet
The Program Goals and Outcome Measures for the Dietetic Internship (DI) are in concert with the Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetic (ACEND) previously Commission on Accreditation for Dietetics Education (CADE) 2008 Eligibility Requirements and Accreditation Standards, the UTHSC, the School of Public Health, and the Michael & Susan Dell Center for Healthy Living Goals. They are as follows:
Goal 1: To prepare individuals to become professional dietitians through a comprehensive educational and experiential program by meeting the DI Program s required competency statements of entry-level dietetic education programs for the supervised practice component in public health / community, foodservice / management and medical nutrition therapy dietetics practice.
- Program Completion Outcome Measures:
- 100% completion of the Competencies /Learning Outcomes for Entry-Level Dietitians as evidenced by score of 2-3 on evaluations by preceptors and DI Program faculty.
- 80% of the Dietetic Interns will complete the DI Program within 33 months (150% of the program completion time frame).
- Over the past five (5) years, the Intern completion records and verification statements indicate a DI completion rate of 100%.
- Graduate Focused Outcome Measures:
- 80% of the graduates from the DI Program over a 5 year period that respond to the post-graduate survey completed at 6 months 1 year will be employed in the dietetics field within 3 months after seeking employment in dietetics.
- 80% of the employers returning the Employer of UTSPH DI Program Graduate Survey will state that they would hire another graduate from our Program.
- RD Exam Outcome Measure:
- 80% of DI Program graduates sitting for the Registration Examination for Dietitians will successfully pass the RD exam on the first attempt over a 5-year period.
Goal 2: To provide an environment conducive to the development of professional attitudes, maturity of judgment and a thorough understanding of and commitment to ethical practice as demonstrated in the interns supervised practice rotations.
- Intern Evaluation of Supervised Practice (SP) / Learning Activities Outcome Measures:
- 90% of Student Evaluations of SP will indicate yes to supervised practice experience helped develop professional competency.
- 90% of graduates will rate all Learning Activities as strongly agree agree regarding preparing the intern for professional practice as an RD on the Exit Survey.
- Preceptor Evaluation of Intern Professional Behaviors Outcome Measure:
- 90% of interns will achieve Excellent Satisfactory scores for all supervised practice Rotation Completion scores on knowledge base, communication skills, timeliness, interpersonal skills, dependability and attitude as evaluated by SP preceptors.
- Graduate Focused Outcome Measure:
- 80% of the employers returning the Employer of UTSPH DI Program Graduate Survey rate graduates of UTHSC DI as good to excellent on Performs at a high level of ethical standards in professional practice