Arugula is also known as "rocket" in places like Britain and France, and "rucola" in Italy. Arugula can give off a peppery flavor and it is a great way to spruce up a salad. It is a versatile ingredient that can be consumed or prepared raw or cooked.
- Vitamin A important for vision, bone development, and immune function
- Vitamin K important for blood clotting
- Folate important for preventing neural tube defects and may help prevent cancer
- Vitamin C important for the immune system, healthy skin, and wound healing
- Potassium helps lower blood pressure and helps muscles contract
How to Shop
Buy arugula with firm and tender green leaves.
How to Grow
You can grow arugula at home by planting seeds in late fall and early spring, and harvest in the summer. It is an herb that thrives in the sun.
How to Store
Pat dry cleaned arugula and store in the fridge for up to four days.