SUMMER SCHOLARS IN PEDIATRIC CLINICAL RESEARCH
Training the next-generation of researchers and public health leaders
No longer accepting applications
Applications for Summer 2022 are now closed. Thank you for your interest in this year's program. Selected applicants will be contacted soon.
Summer Scholars in Pediatric Clinical Research (SSPCR)
The Center for Pediatric Population Health (CPPH) is focused on training the next-generation of researchers and public health leaders. The Summer Scholars in Pediatric Clinical Research (SSPCR) provides undergraduate students an opportunity to work with leading researchers focused on pediatric and adolescent research. This program is designed to provide stage-specific competencies for undergraduates in science knowledge, research skill development, professionalism, and communication.
Summer Scholars will have a 10-week faculty mentor-guided research training experience with enrichment activities (e.g. didactic workshops, scientific seminar, role model seminar, mentoring workshops and ethics training) expected to provide a comprehensive introductory exposure to epidemiological and public health research. The program will take place from June 6-August 12, 2022 (tentative).
- Developing a Research Center Infrastructure
- The Role of the Family Environment on Adolescent Health Outcomes
- Finding for an Audience
- Twitter is Your Friend: Building a Network and Professional Identify Online
- Conducting Literature Reviews
- Overview of Research Electronic Data Capture (REDCap)
- Research Data Management
- Additional seminar topics planned
- Currently enrolled undergraduate student at a US college or university
- In good academic standing
- Must be at least 18 years old as of June 6, 2022
- Must have proof of current health insurance
- Can participate remote, hybrid, or in-person at our Dallas location
Applications for Summer 2022 are due by Monday, March 21, 2022.