WE DID IT!
Texas CARES, we have reached our initial enrollment goal! Thank you!
- If you've already enrolled, please make sure to complete your blood draw - remember that this is a marathon and not a sprint.
- Already completed your first blood draw? We are continuing the second and third ones for all enrolled participants, so watch for reminders.
- We completed the first milepost, but there is a lot of "race" left, and we still need your help before we reach the finish line to understand antibodies.
- And if you're curious about what we are learning, check out our website to access the public dashboard, and learn more about COVID-19 antibodies in Texas and possible opportunities for continuing participation in the program.
For participants who are currently enrolled in Texas CARES, you will need to:
- Choose a clinical pathology lab site where you will go to have your blood drawn for your 3 antibody tests. To find a CPL site convenient to you, visit https://www.cpllabs.com/locations/. Once on the CPL webpage, scroll all the way down to the bottom to enter your zip code. Please be sure to bring your ID to your CPL visits. No appointment is needed.
- While at your first antibody test (T1), your attending clinician at the CPL may verify that you completed the initial consent form and survey. Please note that appointments are walk-in, but please check location hours at https://www.cpllabs.com/locations/.
- Mark your calendar for a reminder for your next antibody test as you leave the clinic. The survey team will send reminder texts for T2 and T3 survey links.
- For T2 and T3, you will also be asked to complete an additional survey.
The results of your antibody test will be texted to you after each CPL visit. You can access a full report on CPL’s portal after you receive the text message from Texas CARES. If your results are not loaded in the portal, please call the Sonic MyAccess customer service group at 512.339.1275.
Your test results and survey responses are protected by HIPAA regulations, just like your health records. Individual results will not be shared with your employer, professional organizations or any other stakeholders.
For more information, you can review a list of our most frequently asked questions.
For questions, please contact the Texas CARES team at TexasCARES@uth.tmc.edu or 713-500-9441. Email is preferred to minimize response time.