What is HPV Cancer Coach?
HPV Cancer Coach is an educational tool designed to inform healthcare professionals about the human papillomavirus (HPV), HPV vaccination guidelines, and parental barriers and concerns.
The program features electronic and printed resources, which healthcare professionals can use to review their knowledge about HPV, learn more about parental concerns, and practice addressing parental concerns and providing HPV vaccine recommendations effectively.
On this website, you will find the resources needed for program adoption and implementation, including:
- Program planning
- HPV Cancer Coach (HPVCC) mobile app
- Resources for Clinics and Providers
- Resources for Parents
Healthcare providers and Community Health workers play a critical role in parental decisions regarding vaccinations. One reason why parents vaccinate their children is because of your recommendation.
The HPV Cancer Coach app
The HPVCancerCoach app will assist healthcare providers in making strong, high-quality, and effective recommendations. Doing so will help clinics to increase HPV vaccination rates and protect all of the children in their care from HPV-related cancers.
It is essential for healthcare providers to readily have the resources they need to ensure vaccinations occur during all types of care visits. The HPV Cancer Coach app provides healthcare professionals quick and easy access to information and resources. By using the app, providers will have access to:
- HPV information tailored to different types of providers (physician, nurse, PA, or MA).
- Four main educational modules: (1) HPV epidemiology, (2) HPV vaccination guidelines, (3) importance of provider recommendation, and (4) strategies to address hesitancy and concerns.
- Mini app with research-proven tips to address parental concerns.
- Practice activities that will allow you to review skills to provide an effective vaccine recommendation.
- Resource toolkit with links to updated references, For Our Children/HPVCancerCoach companion website, and additional resources from recognized scientific organizations.
The HPVCancerCoach app is available for download on Apple and Google app stores.
HPV Vaccination can help prevent six types of cancers. Recommend the HPV vaccine to all your age-eligible patients.
Want to learn more about our programs, trainings, educational materials, and social media toolkits? Would you like to collaborate with us or invite us to your clinic/event?
Contact our Program Coordinator, Ileska Valencia, at email@example.com for more information on our HPV prevention programs.
This program was developed by the University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston School of Public Health with funding from the Cancer Prevention & Research Institute of Texas (PP160051; PI: Maria E. Fernández). The content is solely the authors’ responsibility and does not necessarily represent the official views of the Cancer Prevention & Research Institute of Texas.